The right food at the right age
You have been told over and over again how to dress right in order to look better, but when it comes to food, did anybody advise you how to eat according to your age?
Here’s what you can surely bet on when it comes to foods when your nutritional needs evolve:
At the age of 20, start building yourself a healthy and bright future!
You can’t give up coffee, liquor and pizza for good, but when you finish school and get a job, you have to build yourself a solid and healthy foundation for the upcoming years.
The best foods:
– skim milk – you’re all grown up now! Replace the regular milk from your daily coffee with skim milk. You need little caffeine, but also need calcium and proteins for your bones and muscles;
– cereals – give up the colored and chocolate cereals you used to eat in your childhood and eat whole cereal for a healthy, energizing breakfast, but especially for a perfect digestion;
– spinach – now is the time for you to start eating greens. Spinach is very rich in nutrients and adding it to your diet will increase its quality, the results being seen later on.
At the age of 30, you need energy!
Between stabilizing your career, raising children and going out with friends, you’ll be feeling with your back against the wall a bit. Now you need energy and healthy snacks that will keep you in shape.
The best foods:
– low-fat yogurt – offers you the necessary carbohydrates for your brain, but also quality proteins that stabilize the sugar amount from the blood and also keep you alert and focused;
– peanut butter sandwiches – spread some peanut butter on two slices of whole bread and you’ll get a quick, perfect lunch or late afternoon snack; the carbohydrates from the bread keep you on the right path, while the peanut butter contains proteins and “good” fats;
– “homemade” snacks – make your own perfect snack according to your preferences; pack some whole cereal, nuts, dehydrated or fresh fruit and little pieces of cereal chocolate bars for getting some instant energy!
At the age of 40 and after, protect your heart and brain!
You’ve been probably told at your last health review something about increased cholesterol or that you just don’t seem to remember things like you used to when you were younger. Now is the time for you to add some foods to your diet that will help your body work within normal parameters.
The best foods:
– fat fish – if you didn’t eat it so far, now’s the time to start eating salmon, sardines and tuna weekly. You sure do know why: they’re the best Omega3 sources!
– beans – are concentrated fiber sources that lower the cholesterol level and reduce the risk of cardiac diseases, plus they’re rich in nutrients that slow down the ageing process;
– wild berries – are rich in antioxidants, thus helping memory and cognitive functions; but also rich in vitamins and fibers.
- Include Banana in a daily diet
- Best Must have Kitchen Appliances
- Anti-inflammatory Diets
- Cooking tips on how to make a delicious whipped cream recipe
- Children in the Kitchen
- Weight loss tips & Secrets about losing weight
- Health from lettuces
- strange foods. Bon appetite!
- 5 major mistakes in our daily alimentation