The perfect cocktail for your next summer party
4 lbs WatermelonSeeds removed and cut into chunks
1/3 cup freshly squeezed Lime Juice
3/4 cup White Rum1 cup
20-30 fresh Mint leavesMuddled
1/2 cup simple Sugar SyrupMade with coconut, cane or raw brown sugar
What is Watermelon Mojitos?
A Mojito is a type of a cocktail consisting of white rum, lime juice, sugar, mint, ice, and carbonated or soda water. There are only 5 ingredients are used to make this tangy and delicious cocktail Watermelon mojito. The taste of juicy watermelon, fresh mint, and tangy lime creates a perfect Mojito to sip in the summers. To make this perfect Summer recipe mojito cocktail, we have used watermelon, rum, mint, sugar, and lime together to make this tasty and tangy drink.
Special tips to make Watermelon Mojitos
- This mojito cocktail is gluten-free and vegan. You can add any kind of rum for this recipe.
- In case your watermelon contains seeds, make sure to remove them before proceeding for this recipe. Another alternative that you can opt is by straining the watermelon. But in that case, you will lose the cool refreshing taste of watermelon.
- In order to make sugar syrup, add 1/2 cup sugar in 1/2 cup water and boil it until sugar is dissolved in water completely. Let it cool down for a while, then measure it.
- You can adjust the quantity of rum in this cocktail as per your choice.
How To Store
- You can store this cocktail in the refrigerator in a covered pot for up to 1 week.
Cut the watermelon into small chunks and combine them into a food processor or in a blender. Process them until you get a smooth watermelon puree, for about 30-40 seconds.
Scrape out this pureed watermelon into a large pot. Combine squeezed lime juice, crushed mint leaves and give it a nice stir using a spatula. Also, add in the white rum in it and stir it well to make it a nice solution. Now let the solution rest for 1-2 minutes so it can incorporate.
You can taste it and add the appropriate amount of sweet syrup or sugar in order to get the desired sweetness level in your cocktail. In this recipe we have added ½ cup simple syrup, to get the sweetness in the mojito.
Stir well, transfer it into ice-filled glasses and serve!