Vinaigrette kind of Dressing
Completely Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
1/2 cup Olive Oil(or any neutral vegetable oil)
1/4 cup White wine(or red vinegar)
2 tbsp Water
2 tsp Honey
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp Parmesan
3/4 tsp Garlic salt
3/4 tsp dried Parsley
3/4 tsp dried Basil Leaves
1/8 tsp dried Oregano
½ Onion Powder
to taste Black Pepper
What is Italian Dressing Recipes and how to make it?
Italian dressing is a Vinaigrette kind of dressing which is very quick and simple to make. It can be used as a salad dressing or as a marinade. It is usually made by mixing oil with lemon and vinegar. It is widely used in American and Canadian Cuisine. Spices and herbs can be added as per the desire to intensify the flavor. It tastes very delicious and far better than the store-bought Italian dressing which contains preservatives. Homemade Italian dressing is completely gluten-free and dairy-free and can be prepared easily using simple ingredients.
Tips to make Italian Dressing
- For making a vegan version of this recipe, take nutritional yeasts or any other vegan cheese instead of parmesan cheese.
- Shake it well before use to prevent separation.
- You can adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- You can thyme or other herbs as per your liking.
- To add extra flavor, add parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (for vegan).
- Place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator so it can last a little longer.
- Instead of dry herbs, you can also use fresh herbs if available.
Add all the above-mentioned ingredient into a jar. Make sure the jar should have a tight-fitting lid. Put the lid on the jar and give it a nice shake. Shake it thoroughly until the mixture inside is well- blended
Alternatively, you can also take all the above-mentioned ingredients in a large bowl and whisk it to combine well or process it in a food processor or blender.
You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.