5 major mistakes in our daily alimentation
Wonder why you don’t lose weight even though you’re eating “natural and healthy” or why you lack vitamins even though you eat vegetables daily? The answer comes from nutrition specialists which have discovered the most commonly made mistakes in our daily alimentation. Some mistakes are big, while others can’t even be recognized when seen. Here they are:
Mistakes in daily alimentation
1) We don’t make the difference between good and bad fats
Unfortunately, this is the sad truth. Most people take them out completely from their alimentation while on a diet, just in order to come back to food soaked in bad fats. Here are the good fat sources: fish, avocado, nuts, soy and olive oil. If you eat a fist salad, don’t add extra oil or if you’re having avocado, don’t fry the other ingredients.
2) We buy bigger packs or larger helpings in order to save money
Most people are convinced that if they’ll order a larger dish at the restaurant they would be advantaged by the lower price and also feel satisfied. They actually seem to forget about the extra calories. Calculate the helpings according to your… uhm… hand and not according to your wallet. A decent menu should include a protein-based food, something that contains starch, a vegetable and fruit – each in a small amount, enough as to fit in the palm of your hand.
3) We think that liquids don’t have calories
Will drinking a glass of juice/soda make us feel better? I don’t think so… It has so many calories, it’s not going to fill you up and won’t even leave a nice flavour for a long time. Just give up this habit! Try drinking a nice flavoured tea, without calories and which fights against many diseases instead.
- 4. We don’t actually know what it’s like to really be hungry!
- If you don’t know when you’re hungry, you won’t know when you’re full or when to stop eating. Before eating, take this simple exercise:
- Stretch and try to relax;
- Grade from 1 (hungry) to 7(full) the sensation you feel in your stomach;
- Eat only if you feel between 1 and 5;
- Eat slowly, take short breaks in order to feel how hunger disappears;
- When you finish eating, give yourself a grade! Try to maintain yourself between 2 and 5 (not hungry when you sit down, nor full when you get up).
5) We have a turn for cooking fast and also for microwaves!
When we get home tired, in the evening, it’s much easier to heat or cook something using the microwave oven. By eating too many super-processed foods, the number of fibres and antioxidants from our meals will considerably decrease. If there are times when you can’t avoid cooking by using the microwave oven, at least try to add lettuce, a slice of whole bread and a fruit as a dessert.
- The right food at the right age
- The best food against obesity
- Our daily diet can be the cause of hair loss
- Best Vegetable Choppers Reviews
- Nuts are a natural barrier against cardiac diseases
- Light products – a healthy variant
- 5 natural products that you should consume daily
- Best Must have Kitchen Appliances
- Children in the Kitchen
- strange foods. Bon appetite!
- Weight loss tips & Secrets about losing weight